Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Kitchen. Documented.

When looking for a house to buy, the giant (to me) kitchen helped me see past the fact that it's about a million miles away from my family, work, and Taco Lita. This kitchen is big and full of counter space, but darn was it ugly. The cabinets were an ugly color. Some of them had different finishes on them. They all had different handles and drawer pulls. It was maddening.







Well I was tired of looking at it and the random carrot handles after about a year. So over Christmas break, I refinished the cabinets and painted the kitchen. Here's the incredibly time consuming taping job:



I wish I had pictures of the garage during all of this. I had the entire garage floor COVERED in cabinet doors. I painted all of them out in the garage at once. It was a long week. Here's the finished product. I love my new kitchen.











It's been decorated a bit more since then, but I still love the cabinets!!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Summer
Basically, the Pioneer Woman is my hero. I'd love to live on a sprawling ranch, cook all day and raise my gorgeous children. As for now, though, that will have to wait. This will most likely be a very random blog, covering things like parenting a pig, crafting, teaching myself how to sew, cooking, and whatever else I happen to think of. Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.