Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Shower Gifts!!

Let me begin by saying that if you don't want your kitchen sink to spring a leak, causing havoc in your kitchen, please avoid blogging about your kitchen remodel. The very day after I posted that article is when we discovered the leak. Funny, huh?

Anyway, now I get to show you all the things I was working on for my best friend Sarah!

First are the diaper pouches. I made one for Richard (I figured brown flannel was pretty manly) and one for Sarah (to match the nursing cape!). I used this tutorial from Noodlehead. I loved how they came out!







These are the perfect size to throw in your purse or to-go bag when you don't need the whole diaper bag.

Next up is the matching nursing cape from Diary of a Quilter. The front part has a piece of boning in it so Sarah can peek down at Robert without the anyone else being able to see anything. I love the print of this fabric! I know it's not very boy-ish, but this is for Mama!




Then we have the cutest little things... diaper covers from MADE. These were so easy to make! I had hoped that the cheap-o serger that I purchased last year would make these an even quicker project, but it doesn't exactly work... Oh well! Sewing them up went pretty quick! I had never worked with elastic before, so I was excited to have the opportunity!



And finally, the baby blanket! This one definitely took a while, but I absolutely love it!! I used this tutorial from Aesthetic Nest. It was so much fun to make my own chenille! I began this project thinking that I would take the time and cut the lines with scissors, but I'm SO GLAD I invested in a chenille cutter. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future! I thought I'd add a little personal touch by embroidering Robert's name on the blanket.








Now it's time for summertime projects!!
Thanks to Michelle for these photos!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Summer
Basically, the Pioneer Woman is my hero. I'd love to live on a sprawling ranch, cook all day and raise my gorgeous children. As for now, though, that will have to wait. This will most likely be a very random blog, covering things like parenting a pig, crafting, teaching myself how to sew, cooking, and whatever else I happen to think of. Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.