Monday, December 13, 2010

Hostess Gifts

This weekend was busy but so much fun!! On Saturday night, Zak and I went with our friends to see the boat parade at the beach. It was so pretty! We got to see the parade at our friends' aunt's house (read: her AMAZING beach house). Afterward we walked around the Naples area in Long Beach to see the gorgeous houses all lit-up. It was lovely! I can't wait to go back! But next time, I'll be going in my flip-flops, not adorable heeled boots. On Sunday we got to visit Sarah and Richard (can I just tell you how excited I am that they're only 45 short minutes away!?) and spend the day wine tasting in Temecula. We had a blast! I can't wait to do that again either. I promise, Sarah, I will be the driver next summer and YOU can enjoy the wine :) So I came across a recipe for sugared cranberries that looked so pretty! Now, let me tell you that i do not love cranberries. I'll take a little spoonful at Thanksgiving, but that's it. I mostly just thought these little berries were really pretty, so I gave them a shot. These were SO. GOOD. I made a big batch and packaged them for both hostesses.



I can't wait to make more of these!


1 comments:

Rich and Sarah Christensen said...

We had a blast too Summer!The sugared cranberries are seriously my new favorite thing! Love yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

About Me

My Photo
Summer
Basically, the Pioneer Woman is my hero. I'd love to live on a sprawling ranch, cook all day and raise my gorgeous children. As for now, though, that will have to wait. This will most likely be a very random blog, covering things like parenting a pig, crafting, teaching myself how to sew, cooking, and whatever else I happen to think of. Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.