Monday, August 9, 2010

Gathered Wallet

I was incredibly productive yesterday. I finished cleaning out my closets, tidied up my room, and did laundry. **sigh of relief** So, to reward myself, I did some sewing. I just received a bunch of gorgeous colored zippers in the mail from an online order, so I wanted to use them. I've been wanting to make one of these adorable gathered clutches for a while, so here's my attempt:




I really need to get myself some more thread. When I finally sat down to do this last night it was too late to go buy more, but I was determined so I used what I had on hand. I need to practice, since I still can't seem to sew a straight line to save my life, but that's what this summer is all about. I also used a different type of interfacing. I'm still not sure if I'm using the right stuff, but this was MUCH easier than the first stuff I used. I've also never "gathered" anything before, and it was more difficult than I thought it would be, so the gathering doesn't look exactly like I wanted it to. It's got a spot to put cards:



So what if my Gary Allan fan club card is already in there? Don't judge me. It's also got a divider pocket for a checkbook (though I left out the checkbook for the picture):










I need to invest in that zipper foot; I think that's going to help. Here's the front and back again:



3 comments:

HollyMag said...

OK... this is just too cute... I really NEED one!!! :)

Summer said...

haha you got it!! just let me know what colors you like :)

zak said...

good job baby! its looks good :@) im so proud of you

About Me

My Photo
Summer
Basically, the Pioneer Woman is my hero. I'd love to live on a sprawling ranch, cook all day and raise my gorgeous children. As for now, though, that will have to wait. This will most likely be a very random blog, covering things like parenting a pig, crafting, teaching myself how to sew, cooking, and whatever else I happen to think of. Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.