Friday, July 9, 2010

My new favorite bag


I made a purse!! This was my first real sewing project. I've sewn small things before (like curtains and pillows) but never anything that required following a pattern. I've been downright determined to master my sewing machine, and while I'm no where close to mastery, I feel like this project was great practice! I used this pattern from Vanessa Christenson. Of course there are a few imperfections, but if you don't look too closely you won't know. By the time I got to the flower, I was much more confident in my know-how with the machine (and I got to use my glue gun!!). There are a few things that I've learned from this project: 1. do not underestimate the importance of thimbles (or the sharpness of pins) and 2. iron-on interfacing was not as easy to work with as I had hoped. I love the outer fabric! It even has lining and a pocket. I still need to figure out a closure for it, though. As I turned a corner this morning the purse tipped and spilled everything onto the floor of my car. But, it's pretty, and I'm happy with it!

2 comments:

Michelle Azar said...

I love, love, love this purse! You could totally sell these! Can't wait to hang out with you...rolling sewing carts and all! :)

zak said...

I agree babe. you can totally sell these! :@) we need to set you up with an ebay account

About Me

My Photo
Summer
Basically, the Pioneer Woman is my hero. I'd love to live on a sprawling ranch, cook all day and raise my gorgeous children. As for now, though, that will have to wait. This will most likely be a very random blog, covering things like parenting a pig, crafting, teaching myself how to sew, cooking, and whatever else I happen to think of. Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.