Wednesday, July 7, 2010

1st attempt at a freezer paper project


I've seen lots of tutorials lately about how to use freezer paper for crafts. I think this is my favorite one from "Crap I've made." My friend, Jen, gave me a piece of flair on Facebook, saying "Team Jakeward, because I'm indecisive." Don't judge me. I knew I'd never find a t-shirt like that, so I figured I'd make it on my own. I've seen in other tutorials that you need to reverse the words in your Cricut because the shiny side of the freezer paper won't stick to the Cricut mat properly. So, of course, I panicked because my Cricut doesn't have a "reverse" option. I figured I would give it a shot anyway. I put the shiny side down on my Cricut mat, and taped the edges down so the paper didn't slide away. This worked out just fine! I punched out the letters, and ironed the phrase to my t-shirt (shiny side down), and once it was stuck, I painted! It took 3 coats of paint, but it dried really quickly (something about the 90 degree weather). I let it sit for 72 hours, then washed it. There are a few imperfections, but not too bad for the first try! Now I'm ready to go see Eclipse!

2 comments:

Michelle Azar said...

Let me know when you're ready to see Eclipse; I'll be your date!

zak said...

yipeeeee

About Me

My Photo
Summer
Basically, the Pioneer Woman is my hero. I'd love to live on a sprawling ranch, cook all day and raise my gorgeous children. As for now, though, that will have to wait. This will most likely be a very random blog, covering things like parenting a pig, crafting, teaching myself how to sew, cooking, and whatever else I happen to think of. Hope you enjoy!
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.